Top Mount Backing Plates
- Allows for easy installation from above the deck.
- No need for access below the deck.
- Place the template (backing plate) in the desired location. Make sure that there is adequate clearance for the
- Pop-Up® mechanism below the deck.
- Trace the cleat cut-out area and spot the small threaded hole. Do not spot the four mounting holes yet.
- Cut out the cleat installation area.
- Drill a 3/16" diameter hole for the #6 screw.
- Place cleat in cut-out and spot the four mounting holes.
- Remove the cleat and drill the four mounting holes.
- Place the backing plate through the cut-out and install the #6 screw through the deck into the backing plate.
- Be careful not to drop the backing plate down into the hull. Do not over tighten the #6 screw.
- Replace the cleat into the cut-out and install the four mounting screws through the cleat and deck into the backing plate.